1. I was born in New Orleans.
2. I lived there until I was 7.
3. I went to Alice M. Harte Elementary School.
4. I have no idea who Alice M. Harte is/was.
5. I visited a Catholic church next door to the school when I was 6.
6. I went alone.
7. My best friend went to that church so I just followed her.
8. She didn't know.
9. My second grade teacher's name was Mrs. Catonese.
10. We called her Mrs. Cabbage Cheese.
11. Her twin sister taught at the same school.
12. I don't remember her name.
13. I moved to Pearl River, La the summer I turned 8.
14. I went to Pearl River Junior High for grades 3-5.
15. Pearl River didn't have an elementary school.
16. My best friend's name was Bonnie Owen.
17. My last name was Owen, too.
18. Her mom's name was Linda.
19. My mom was Linda, too.
20. We pretended like we were sisters all the time.
21. In choir we sang This Land is Your Land everyday.
22. My kids have never heard that song.
23. There was a boy in my class named Dolan Crawford, and he liked me.
24. I liked Randy Butcher.
25. I joined the swim team because Randy was on it.
26. You only had to be able to swim across the entire pool to be on the swim team.
27. I hated swim meets.
28. Competitions where people have to watch me perform make me nervous.
29. I once had to swim the entire length of the pool and back all by myself, because the other teams were all done and I was the anchor on our team.
30. I almost refused to swim, because everyone would be watching me.
31. I also took baton lessons.
32. I was on a baton team called the High Steppers.
33. I marched in many Mardi Gras parades in my little outfit. I froze!
34. We moved to Houston the summer before 6th grade.
35. I started a real junior high and experienced culture shock.
36. Everyone wore Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.
37. I had no idea who Gloria Vanderbilt was.
38. My mom wouldn't buy me any Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.
39. My dad did.
40. I wore my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans when I went back to Pearl River to visit.
41. Everyone there was wearing them, too.
42. I got glasses in 7th grade.
43. I sang The Rose as a duet with some girl in 7th grade choir. I don't remember her name. Neither of us could sing well.
44. I was a library aide in 8th grade and got to keep any books they were getting rid of.
45. I collected a lot of books that way.
46. I played paper dolls with the girl who lived across the street from me in junior high. A lot!
47. After 8th grade we moved to Tomball.
48. I went to 9th grade at a 9th grade only campus.
48. I took agriculture for 3 days in 9th grade.
49. When I heard I had to raise an animal and show it in a livestock show I changed my schedule.
50. I took a dance class instead, and I loved it.
51. I passed out in the cafeteria lunch line and had to be taken out in a wheelchair.
52. I spent the night in the hospital, and they decided I was iron deficient.
53. I tried out for drill team at the end of my 9th grade year, but didn't make it.
54. I was sick and throwing up during tryouts.
55. When try out time came around my 10th grade year the drill team director came and asked me to try out.
56. I made it.
57. I had a friend named Shannon who ate out every night for dinner.
58. I loved spending the night at her house, because we got to eat out.
59. Her parents were antique/art dealers so their house was the most eclectic place I had ever seen. I loved it.
60. I got a hickey at church camp the summer after 10th grade.
61. The associate pastor's son gave it to me.
62. I was highly embarrassed about the whole thing and wanted to wear a turtle neck in the summer.
63. I took driver's ed with 3 other girls that same summer.
64. We were involved in an accident that totaled our car.
65. It was not our fault.
66. They made us drive again 2 days later. We were all scared.
67. My parents bought me a used white Toyota Corolla Tercel for my 16th birthday. It didn't have power steering.
68. I drove it from Tomball to Amarillo when we moved that same summer.
69. Amarillo High School didn't have a drill team which made me sad.
70. I dated a cowboy in 11th grade.
71. He's now a chiropractor.
72. I took a home and family living class and was given the assignment to go on a creative cheap date.
73. My friend's dad had an airplane so he took 4 of us up for a ride for our date.
74. I don't remember what else we did, but I'm pretty sure the gas for the plane wasn't cheap.
75. I don't remember what grade we got on the assignment.
76. I sang a duet with a friend in front of our church youth group my senior year of high school. I still couldn't sing. My friend could.
77. I skipped school, got caught, and was put in after school suspension for 3 days.
78. My boyfriend did something stupid so he could get put in after school suspension with me. He had longer to serve.
79. My best friend from high school often snuck over to my house after her mom was in bed.
80. I never snuck out because I was too scared I would get caught.
81. I met my husband my freshman year of college, but we didn't start dating until our junior year.
82. By that point I was already in love with him.
83. My roommate my last two years in college was the same best friend who snuck in my window in high school.
84. She threw a brush across the room once because she was mad at me. I deserved it!
85. I dated a cowboy wanna be in college.
86. He's now a pastor.
87. My husband and I went on a date to Dallas once and came home wearing different clothes than we left in.
88. After getting married I taught fourth grade and hated it.
89. I quit and worked at Goldstein Miguel in Waco for a semester. Goldstein Miguel is no longer in business.
90. I got another teaching job teaching kindergarten in Coolidge, Texas.
91. I was the only kindergarten teacher.
92. Brian taught at the same school and was the science department.
93. We stopped for a coke at a little country gas station everyday on the way home from work, and the owner asked us one of two questions.
94. Did you learn anything today or do you have to go back tomorrow?
95. Working hard or hardly working?
96. All of my kids were born in Texas, but none were born in the same city.
97. I stopped teaching when my second child was born and have no desire to do it again.
98. Someone else picked out our apartment in Turkey, and we loved it so much we've never moved. It's been 6 years.
99. I hate bananas and maple syrup with a passion.
100. I am 38 years old and a friend just gave me my first thong for Valentine's Day. It's red.