header-photo

Sunday, October 14, 2007

This morning

I was at church this morning and was overwhelmed with the worship songs. The words ate at me. I needed to hear them. I sang some, but more than that I listened. Here is what I heard.

Don't let my love grow cold. I'm calling out, light the fire again. Don't let my vision die. I'm calling out, light the fire again. You know my heart, my deeds. I'm calling out, light the fire again. I need Your discipline. I'm calling out, light the fire again. I am here to buy gold refined in the fire. Naked and poor, wretched and blind I come. Clothe me in white so I won't be ashamed. Lord, light the fire again.

My savior loves, my savior lives. My savior's always there for me. My God he was, my God he is. My God he's always gonna be.

When I look into your holiness, when I gaze into your loveliness, and when things that surround become shadows in the light of You. When I've found the joy of reaching your heart, when my will becomes enthralled in your love, and when things that surround become shadows in the light of You. I worship You, I worship You. The reason I live is to worship You. I worship You, I worship You. The reason I live is to worship You.

I didn't get to stay for the sermon, because I was teaching the kids. God let me have the worship time because he knew I needed it. I'm so grateful.

No comments: