header-photo

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Reminiscing

While in France Mentanna and I reminisced about the good ol' days. One of the things we talked about was our church's youth summer camp after my senior year of high school. We went to Silver Cliff Ranch in the mountains of Colorado. (I just googled them, and they are still there 20 years later!) Anyway, like most summer camps we had t-shirts made for our camp experience. The front of the shirt was standard for everyone. It said Mountain Movers with the verse, "for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20b." On the backs of the shirts everyone chose what word they wanted to use to describe themselves. Some people just put their name while others were more creative in choosing their shirt identity marker. At that time Mentanna and I had a good friend named Lisa who we shared much of life with. We decided to be creative with the backs of our shirts. After some thought we decided to use our last names to make a statement. So Mentanna Grace, Lisa Hand, and Natalie Owen became Graceful, Handful, and Owenful respectively. Ahhh...the good ol' days. I scanned and attached some pictures of us that I happened to have from camp. No backs of the shirts though unfortunately!

Me and Lisa...dancing to Sound of Music songs...maybe. It's been 20 years...I can't really remember!

Mentanna and Lisa...what can I say? Hide and Seek anyone?


Me and Mentanna...Poise, beauty, and me in a shapeless, homemade dress with a very frizzy perm. I was stylin' though!
Another one of me and Mentanna. I posted a recent picture of us a couple of days ago. Man, we haven't changed a bit...hee hee.

No comments: