header-photo

Monday, November 12, 2007

Thought provoking...

Wanting to write and I am writing. But just not on my blog. I'm also in a reading mood. So since I am in a writing and reading mood I thought I would share some of the things I am loving about both of them.

Quotes I've read recently that resonate with me...

Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend.

One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are.

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly.

You cannot see your reflection in running water, only in still water.

You are always digging in the past or poking at the future, but rarely do you rest in this moment.

Just as there exists in writing a literal truth and a poetic truth, there also exists in a human being a literal anatomy and a poetic anatomy. One, you can see; one, you cannot. One is made of bones and teeth and flesh; the other is made of energy and memory and faith. But they are both equally true.

And phrases that I've used recently...
comfortable complete total togetherness

conversations of consequence

being economical with the truth

And then there are several others that I still need to process...not sure I can share those!

No comments: