header-photo

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pazar

I took a trip to our local pazar...outdoor market...this morning. I know I've posted pictures of it before, but since I had my camera with me I decided to take a few more while I was there. You can click on any of these pictures and they should fill your screen...just in case you want a better look. Just be sure to click the back button to go back to the blog.


A view of the masses. It was actually more crowded than this picture shows.


Kirmizi sogan and sarimsak...onions and garlic


Pumpkin. Most of the pumpkins here are this grayish greenish color. Notice that the one in the front is more of an orange shade. We don't have the nice big orange pumpkins that can be found in America. We haven't ever tried to carve one of these so I'm not sure how it would work. They are very bumpy! I think they taste the same as the pumpkins in the states...I never bought a pumpkin there and used it to cook anything so I can't say for sure.


Dried foods


A mound of peppers that according to the sign are all sweet.


Hair accessories


Plastic items

1 comment:

Gina said...

My first time in Turkey, we went somewhere to eat and I saw what I THOUGHT was sweet potatoes...until I took a bite of them and found out it was cold pumpkin! I didn't like it too well.