header-photo

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Overly Friendly Tomato Man


OFTM: (Seeing me taking a picture of the peppers in the previous post) Don't you want to take a picture of my tomatoes.

Me: Ummm...ok

OFTM: Take a picture with me and the tomatoes

Me: Ummm...ok (I take a picture)

OFTM: Let me see the picture.

Me: Well, let me take another one. (In the first one his head was mostly hidden by the light in the background. I was ok with that, but since he wanted to see the picture I felt the need to take one where he was visible.)

OFTM: Ok, now let me see it. Oh, good. Where are you from?

Me: America

OFTM: I love America. I want to go there.

Me: Why? (just being nice and not really caring what his answer is)

OFTM: Can you take me to America?

Me: Ummm...no.

OFTM: Why?

Me: Because I don't have connections with anyone that could get you to America

OFTM: Are you married? We could get married and then I could go to America.

Me: Yes, I'm married and I have 4 kids.

OFTM: That doesn't matter. We could get married and have 4 more, then you would have 8. (laughing along with several other pazar guys who were listening)

Me: No, no. I don't think so. (chuckling to myself as I walk away)

I found my friend Lisa who was buying something from another stand and told her the story. Her comment..."girl, you've still got it!"

No comments: