header-photo

Friday, November 02, 2007

Christmas 2004

Our family went to America for Christmas of 2004. One of the things I really wanted to do while we were there was have a gingerbread house decorating contest with my siblings. I organized this event, bought all the graham crackers and made the icing for everyone to use. The only rules were that everything had to be edible and each couple had to bring whatever candy or decorations they wanted to use. We had so much fun! Here are the results of our contest.


Brian and I made a castle. We figured it was somewhat Turkish even though it didn't really look like the castle in Ankara!


John and Michelle made a log cabin complete with a wishing well. Very cute!


Vanessa and Jeremy made a tree house that didn't survive long enough to be photographed. We did find it amusing that the builder in the family had his creation collapse on him.


Matt and Paige made a semi which shouldn't have surprised us a bit! Matt always loved those trucks as a kid!

My parents were the judges of the contest and they chose Matt and Paige's truck hands down over the other creations. It was really creative. I have some close up pictures of all of our creations, but wanted to share the creators with you as well. If you are interested in seeing better pictures let me know and I'll send you a copy!

We have been with family for Christmas in 2005 and 2006, but I never could convince them to do this again. So, I'm branching out. What do you say, t, up for a gingerbread house building contest? Couples against couples...or we could always let the husbands draw for new wives/partners like at our Scene It game night.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I know...Brian is wearing a TEXAS shirt. He didn't want to mess up his nice BAYLOR one with icing or candy. Thought I should comment on it before someone else did!

Anonymous said...

I think that would be a hoot! let's work on a date!
t