Thanks to all who submitted entries in this, my first contest! The entries were amazing, fabulous, life-changing...well...maybe not quite life changing, but they were quite good! Now comes the hard part...choosing a winner. I'll be back later with the results!
I know, I know. I said I wouldn't keep forcing the culture pictures on you. Then I got comments and emails saying you loved the culture and Turkey picture posts. But I know there has to be one or two of you out there who are tired of them. I am tired of them. Of course I have to live here so it isn't nearly as exciting when you see it everyday. And because I have so many pictures of Turkey I feel the need to share them with the masses. Or the few. Or the one reader I haven't bored to tears yet.
So after subjecting you to all of my cultural stories and pictures for so long I have decided to do something just for you! Really. The only thing I get out of it is maybe a few more hits on my blog and a trip to the post office. That's right, folks! I'm having a contest! I'm giving away some culture. Kinda.
No, no. I won't give you any of this. I don't think it would travel well and just the thought of how it might smell after a week of travel turns my stomach. Ewww...
I have shown pictures of store fronts like this...
and teased you with pictures like this...
and made you search all over for a cute bags like these...
and had you wringing your hands because you couldn't find pottery like this so many times that I know you are just hankering for a little piece of Turkey of your very own.
Well fret not. I am here to save the day! I am giving away these...
What are they you ask? Well, what do they look like? They are little bowls. Like small ones. Like they would hold one plum nicely. What are they for you ask? Man...you ask a lot of questions! They are for...um...well...I don't know. That is where you come in.
How would you use 4 colorful bowls big enough to hold a plum?
That is the contest. You tell me what you would use these bowls for and I will pick a winner. I will read all of the entries and decide who has the best, most clever idea for these bowls. Then that person will get a package all the way from Turkey with these four bowls in it. To use however they deem fit. That's it. It's that simple.
Some details...they are handmade and hand-painted. They come from Kutahya which is famous for it's ceramics. The bowls are made from a special white clay found in that region. I wouldn't recommend putting them in the dishwasher, but I have used them for food before.
Well...I used the bigger ones for food before. These little things...I haven't put food in them. I eat more than that!
1. Leave me a comment on this post telling me what you would use these bowls for if you owned them.
2. The contest ends when I drag my sorry self out of bed on Tuesday morning in Turkey. About midnight central time on Monday.
3. I will read all the entries and choose the most clever answer as the winner. If there are too many clever responses I might put the best ones in a hat and draw for the winner. I am indecisive like that!
4. If you live in Turkey, please, for the love of all that is good, don't enter this contest. I mean you can share your clever idea for bowl usage, but I will not choose you as the winner no matter how clever your idea is. You can just go buy 4 little bowls yourself. Seriously!
5. You can enter as many times as you like. I figure some people may be just full of good ideas, and I would hate to stifle that!