header-photo

Monday, December 24, 2007

What I needed

One of the things I was most looking forward to in coming to Texas was the big blue sky. Winter had barely begun in Turkey, and I was already longing for some sunny skies and warmer weather. I was not dreaming of a white Christmas this year for sure! I knew Houston wouldn't disappoint me! Since arriving I have taken several walks to soak up as much sun as I can while I am here. These pictures were taken on one of those walks.

My parent's new house. Would you look at that sky? I mean...really...sigh. It makes me happy.

A glimpse of the lake through the trees.

I walked through a wooded lot to get to the lake.
More lake and sky.
A footbridge over a little stream.
A covered bridge on the way to the lake.
I am just drinking in the weather, because I know when I get back it will be cold and snowy.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

this place is gorgeous!