header-photo

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Remote Control


To answer Derya's question about what a remote control for my laptop is...I have decided to post a picture. Here is the remote sitting on the laptop. As you can tell it is quite small. My issues with this remote are as a follows.

1. My laptop screen is only 13 inches. Pretty small. If I am sitting far enough away from it to need a remote control then I am pretty sure I won't be able to actually see what is on the screen.
2. The small black dot at the bottom right corner of the laptop base is the receiver for the remote. In order to use the remote I have to hike my arm back while holding the remote so that it can send a signal to the black dot. Most of the time my hands are well within reach of the computer keyboard so picking up the remote and hiking my arm back is actually more work than just clicking the touchpad.
3. Am I really that lazy? (don't answer that!)

I will say this. The remote does great things with the screen as it peruses the album covers for my itunes music and movie options...something that I hadn't seen with just the mouse click feature.

I'm sure there are many of you out there who swear by this remote. I've already heard from two people who think it's great and use it all the time. Will I be one of you one day? We'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

maris said...

hmm... have we really become that lazy? probably, we have:) the whole idea of laptop looks like it should be remote-free, but, alas, here they are:)
i miss asure, but don't like the overly fruity ones. balance is the key!