header-photo

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday, 6:25 pm

I got a comment from someone about my frequent blogging that I thought I should share with you. This comment was made while on the phone with this person which is why you don't see it on the blog. She shared that because I have been posting a lot lately it made her think that I wasn't doing anything else...like my job. I assured her that the majority of my postings are after 9pm when I am at home and after the kids are in bed. Sometimes you will see a post during the day. Most of those are short and are done between loads of laundry or other household chores. The first month we were back I didn't do much other than get over jetlag, get my stomach back to normal again, and readjust to living in Turkey. It's funny to me. Life here is definitely different this time around. When we first moved here we had to adjust to living in a different country, city, neighborhood, house...pretty much our whole world was new. This time we are in the same country, city, neighborhood, house, and it feels different. I think it's because our job has changed. What Brian did before is not what he does now. I had gotten used to who my friends were and was very comfortable with life the way it was. That is not the case now. By nature I am not an initiator. I am not usually the one who calls my friends to make plans. I am always up for a night out or a picnic in the park or whatever outing my friends come up with. Things have changed in the few months I was gone. Some of my friends have moved on. If I want to make new friends I will have to be the one to step out. That's going to be a lot harder than it sounds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on having a hard time stepping out, but have learned that you have to do it in faith. I've been surprised with how He works things out when we take that first step--for example, I would never have met you if I hadn't joined book club so many years ago:) We also wouldn't have the awesome group of "Peeps" that we have either!
Cheri

Natalie said...

As I read back over this blog I felt like I should say a few more things. The reason I shared the comment in the first place was just in case others were wondering the same thing...was I wasting the money of the people who sent me here by staying home and blogging all day. The answer to that is no. I didn't mean to sound like I needed to justify how I've spent the last month or so since we have been here. Then the blog morphed into thoughts about me knowing that I need to be doing more and confessing that it is going to be a daily struggle for me. Hopefully that is how it was taken.

Gina said...

I for one would be doing all I could to keep in 'touch' with those that I love and can't see or hear from everyday. I think this type of 'online journaling' is a great way to do just that. And it really doesn't take that much time to type up a paragraph or two. And I for one am glad that our paths crossed! You have opened up a whole different world to me, one that I probably would have never imagined!