header-photo

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Favorites

I was talking to a friend on the phone last night, and one of the things we talked about was movies. I was watching Notting Hill when she called, and then after we got off the phone I decided to finish the movie. I love that movie! I didn't love that I stayed up until 2am watching it, but it was worth it. I had a good conversation with her and watched one of my favorite movies of all time. Well all this got me thinking about what other movies I considered my favorites. Then I started thinking about my favorites in general, and that is where this blog came from.

Favorite Movies-
Notting Hill, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Truman Show, The Wedding Singer, Never Been Kissed, A Walk to Remember....and the list goes on!

Favorite Foods-
I love food. Especially rich creamy foods. fettucine alfredo, chicken and dumplings, lasagna, quiche, cheese enchiladas, shrimp...cooked almost any way, beef stroganoff, eggplant, black-eyed peas and cornbread, homemade pizza, and again the list is endless!

Favorite Color-
red and yellow

Favorite Music-
country...especially Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Gretchen Wilson, Dixie Chicks (I know, I know...but they can sing!), Collin Ray

Favorite Books-
Right now I am working on reading all the Newbery Award winners and honor books 1922-Present. There are so many really good books on that list that I can't decide which are my favorites. I recommend most of them! There are about 375 books on the list, and I have read 176 of them. I have been working on this list for almost 2 years. During that time I only read 4 books that weren't on that list besides my bible. Other books I like: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers, also by her the Lineage of Grace series, the Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery, anything by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Almost everything I read would be considered children's literature which I love!

I know I could list more of my favorite things, but I thought I would let you ask me what some of my favorites are. Fire away!

3 comments:

Gina said...

How about your favorite cookies? Or desserts? Do you like fudge...particulary p-nut butter fudge?

Natalie said...

I love peanut butter fudge...yours is really good! I like any kind of fudge! I also love coconut cream pie, chocolate cream pie, anything peanutbutter and chocolate. As far as cookies go I like them crispy. Not hard but I don't want them melting in my mouth or bending in my hands when I am holding them. I like them to be done. And I don't like cookie dough...too gooey! If I have brownies I like the edges of the pan the best. I also love apple crisp and apple pie, but not with pie filling. I like the apples to have a little firmness to them and not just disintegrate when I put them in my mouth. And caramel apples...yum!

Gina said...

Okay..I can handle the fudge...my cookies tend to be soft & chewy, or almost burnt.(there's no in-between) The brownies sound okay, but I'm not a big pie maker. I usually buy a frozen pie and bake it. (but the Mrs Smith ones are so GOOD!!) Do you like meringue pies??