header-photo

Friday, March 09, 2007

Blogging

A friend...the same friend I have mentioned in several of the previous posts...has informed me that I am blogging too much. She says that I should never post more than once a day and less might even be better. Well, I have a hard time believing that. I know that lately I have been posting about once a day and sometimes even twice a day. Most of the time when there is more than one post a day it is because I post one after midnight and one sometime the next day. But, I don't see a problem with that. I love to read other people's blogs. I love it even more when they are frequent posters. I understand that some people are too busy to read a new post everyday. I don't mind if people don't check my blog everyday. I don't mind if people skip some posts and read others. I guess there are some people who feel the need to read everything that is written, and if they only check the blog once a week they might have some catching up to do. Does that mean I should post less frequently so that these people will be able to stay caught up? I think not. So now it is up to you to tell me. Do you have any advice for how I should handle my blogging? Should I post less?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavens NO! It's a great way to share what is going on in your life, and it helps the rest of us stay connected with you. Your blog is set to my favorites list and I look at it every day...just like I look at the weather channel. In fact, I'm disappointed when you haven't posted something new.
t

Gina said...

I for one will tell you that one of the highlights of my day is to see if you've made a new entry!! I'm so interested to find out what life is like to live in another country, so BLOG ON!!! (and the pics are great!!)

Amy said...

Well, I'm not versed in blog etiquette but... I very much enjoy reading daily posts! So with that, I concur with t & gina. Blog on!!

Pro Ecclesia said...

Blogging too much? What's that?

Rebecca said...

"It's your blog and you can blog if you want to! Blog if you want to! Blog if you want to! You would blog too if it happened to you! doo, doody doo!" :) And as much as you want to!

Natalie said...

So far it looks like people enjoy the frequent postings. I know that there were probably 30 people who looked at the blog today who didn't comment. I assume that means they don't care if I post once a day or once a week. And I agree with the very prolific blog poster Jay Anderson...he updates his blog multiple times a day. His posts are generally articles he's found somewhere concerning Catholicism, politics, or some other interest of his, but still that's a lot of blogging! I have considered all the comments and lack of comments I have made a decision...I will blog on!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Continue to Blog On girl! We enjoy the updates and knowing what is going on with y'all!
Cheri

Anonymous said...

I don't get to check it daily, although, I do try. BUT I still enjoy reading what you have written daily!! Keep it up!
Dawn