header-photo

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lightness

Today my heart is heavy. Yesterday my heart was heavy. April has just been one of those months. Off and on heaviness. I could write a heavy-hearted poem, but I need something light. Here goes my attempt at light...kinda.

I need a band-aid, said little Janie
One that will cover my leg and my knee
My arm hurts too, and so does my toe
My finger, my hand up to my elbow.
My tummy, my shoulder, my nose, and my eyes
My neck, my teeth, my ears, and my thighs.
My ankle, my lips, my hair, and my back.
Do they make a band-aid that covers all that?

10 comments:

Tamara said...

Cute! It has a Shel Silverstein feel to it.

HeyJoe said...

Shel Silverstein. Yes, that's what it sounds like. You may have a future in children's lit, Nat.

Anonymous said...

Ditto....

I think you would write a great children's book.....

Natalie said...

tamara - thanks...i wondered after i wrote it if someone had already written something similar. i tried to look through shel's stuff and jack prelutsky's as well, but i couldn't find anything like it.

heyjoe - i have thought about it. i really have.

charlie girl - maybe one day i will try.

Anonymous said...

i need one too, a very big tear proof pleaaseee... nese

Natalie said...

nese - i get that. sometimes big, tear-proof band-aids are necessary! hope you are feeling better!

Mike S said...

I think that 'bandage' has been with us for a veeerrrrrry long time. It's usually called a "Mother's Healing Kiss".

Natalie said...

mike - yeah...that's true for sure!

Gina said...

Yes they do make a bandaid that big...it's called a HUG!!! =)

Natalie said...

gina - you are so smart! really!