I mentioned in a previous blog post that I have loved getting to "meet" other bloggers over the internet. There are some really interesting people out there. People who I never would have met if we didn't share this crazy thing called blogging. People who get my need to blog...who have that same need. People who understand how it feels to put something down on virtual paper for myself and for others to read. These friends come from all walks of life. Some are older than me. Some are around my age. Some quite a bit younger. Some married. Some single. Some Christians. Some Muslims. Some gay. Some live in America. Some from many other countries. We are all individuals. All different. But we all have one at least this one thing in common. We blog. We put our thoughts and feelings out there for others to read. We invite others to examine our lives and comment on what they see. Sometimes what we see in others makes us uncomfortable. Sometimes we squirm in our seats because of the ideas presented to us from other bloggers. But always we think. We feel. And we examine our own hearts and lives and hope to grow in some way through sharing our lives with each other. I have never really felt comfortable with a long list on my sidebar linking the blogs I read. I have my reasons for this. I am not ashamed of any of my blogger friends. Not at all.
(I have deleted a few lines that were originally here in this post. If you read this post before the edit and would like more information about what was written previously just leave me a comment.)
So guys here's to you! Thanks for taking time to get to know me. To read my ramblings. And to leave your mark as well.
Now...for the final note on this post. My friend, Lori, tagged me for a meme. She wants to know 7 quirky things about me. Only 7? Can I narrow it down to just 7? I will try.
1. I have a baby powder fetish. I use it daily. Sometimes multiple times. I refuse to smell bad. I carry a small travel-sized baby powder in my purse at all times. When I spend the night away from home I often leave my mark with baby powder on the bathroom floor. I try to walk on it with my sock feet to try to blend it in to the carpet or wipe it off the bathroom floor. Don't worry people...the white powder you see in your bathroom isn't drugs. I just want to smell as fresh as a baby's bottom! On a good day!
2. I am always cold. Well not always, but I do find myself freezing in almost any building I walk into. Most of the time I carry a sweater or my blue jean jacket with me so that I have an extra layer to put on when I get cold. I love walking out of cold buildings or restaurants and it being hot outside or in the car. I love that immediate cold to hot feeling.
3. I bring my camera with me everywhere I go. I don't always use it, but I always have it with me. The few times I have decided to leave it at home I needed to take a picture of something. I hated that feeling of not being able to.
4. I love 80's music. Big hair bands like Def Leppard, Aerosmith, and Bon Jovi as well as 80's pop.
5. I don't like chewing gum. It makes me sick to my stomach. I used to love it, but starting in about 11th grade I couldn't handle it anymore. Not sure what that is about, but there it is.
6. I don't like surprises. I like to be somewhat in control of my emotions so surprises make me uncomfortable. I don't have to know what my Christmas gifts are or anything like that. I just don't want surprise parties, surprise visits to Turkey, or surprises that might make me cry.
7. I don't mind waiting in lines. I figure there are people to meet in those lines, and I will talk to just about anyone I meet. I never know what I will walk away with...and usually it is something fun to share!
There you have it. Some of my quirkiness for you to pick apart!