header-photo

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

addendum

I just received this in my comments but thought it's proper place was one of prominence...as a addendum to my post, swirlm.

Mentanna says,

a word from the author...

swirlm is a verb. round and round he went until he began to feel his head swirlm.

swirlm can be an adjective. his swirlmy thoughts could barely make their way out of his head and onto the paper.

swirlm could be an adverb but needs to be chosen with care. The drunkard walked swirlmily toward the metro.

websters is adding this word next year...

(oh...and i, natalie, was talking to someone else this morning and used the word, as a verb, in quite an appropriate place. that someone reads my blog and congratulated me on a word well placed. thank you, mentanna, for giving this word to me!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Well done... can't wait to find a way to use it myself.....

Natalie said...

charlie girl - as you can see mentanna answered your pressing questions posed in the swirlm comment section. glad she could clear things up for you.

Mike S said...

Would it be correct to say that the winter's heavy snows are making the rivers extra 'swirlmy'?

Mentanna said...

an excellent use of the word mike s. here! here!