header-photo

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

All better

Today after watching Anna Grace jump around and seeing how gross her cast looked after just a few days I decided to take it off. Easier said than done. Using a knife, a pair of scissors, and a saw I started hacking away. I was really careful. I didn't want to end up taking her to the doctor with a stab wound so I went very slowly. After just over an hour the cast was off, and my arms were on fire! I think there were small shards of cast stuck in my arms and hands. And I was bleeding from one of my knuckles, but I have no idea what happened. After watching Anna Grace jump around again celebrating her cast being off I decided I was glad I did it. Her foot seems fine...no bruising or anything.

4 comments:

Kayseri Protestan Kilisesi said...

That is amazing! You are like supermom. I was laughing really hard reading this.

Gina said...

You are MUCH braver than I. Kudos.

Bteacher99 said...

Jenna said AG said you took off the cast. I think we both thought it was an exaggeration. It wasn't! You are certifiably nuts.
Can I arrange an appointment for Tuesday? I have this pain... Brenda

Natalie said...

Believe me...once I started taking off the cast I thought I was crazy too! At first it seemed easy, but it got to a point where either I was going to have to take her in to the ER to have it removed because it was hanging halfway off of her foot but refusing to come all the way off or I was just going to have to finish what I started. I opted for the less embarrasing option...