header-photo

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cola Turka Pt. 1 - Chevy Chase

I have mentioned to several people the Kola Turka commercials that were on TV not long after we came to Turkey. Chevy Chase was the star, and we loved them. These videos aren't the best quality, but you will still understand. Most of the words are in English. For the few that aren't here are the translations...they are mostly using what we call street Turkish so the meanings aren't exact.
yenge - wife
cocuk - child
dolma biber - stuffed peppers
kayinpeder/valide - mother-in-law and father-in-law.
We even had people tell us that Americans loved Kola Turka! The people hanging out of the car on this first video and the man selling potatoes and onions on the second video are normal things we see in the streets here!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I spelled Cola wrong in this blog. I honestly thought it was spelled with a K on the can, but after watching the video again I see that it isn't. I can't edit these or else I lose the video so all grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes will have to stay. Oh well!