header-photo

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Someone should totally pay me for this stuff.

Many of you know about my love affair with peanut m&m's. It's been going on for years. I've tried some of the other candies in the m&m's family...peanut butter, coconut, mint, pb&j, wildly cherry...and so far nothing has been able to steal me away from that bright yellow bag. I guess that's a good thing considering most of those other flavors are for a limited time only.

As you know it is my job to find and report* on new food (ok...mostly candy) discovered in my stomping grounds. Well yesterday I ran across these babies.


Pretzel m&m's.

Now I love me a good chocolate-covered pretzel. The combination of sweet and salty just does it for me every time. I am uber excited that m&m has decided to join the fun.


Inspecting the color palette*.

And I tasted them. Actually I ate all of the ones you see pictured. I would have eaten more, but that was the entire bag's worth.

So how did they taste? Pretty much like you would expect a candy-coated, chocolate-covered pretzel to taste. I do think there was a tad too much salt flavor, which is surprising if you know me at all. I love me some salt. The chocolate to pretzel ratio* was completely in line with what an m&m should be, but I'm thinking they would have been better with a bit more chocolate on them.

Verdict* - I wouldn't turn them down if they were offered to me, but when I'm standing in line at the grocery store making my own choice I'll still be picking up the yellow bag.

*I realize that m&m's are supposed to be a fun candy and that my post sounds quite serious. Product review...it's a serious business. Of course it would be so much better and easier to remain serious if I got a paycheck for all my research. I could have a spot in my house to actually do reviews. There would be a photo studio so I wouldn't be tempted to take pictures of the products on my unmade bed. I can't promise I wouldn't eat the candy in bed, but at least you wouldn't see the sheets in the background.

3 comments:

Mamadallama said...

Oh, promise us that if you ever go pro you will continue to shoot your artwork on your unmade bed or other surrounds instead of in some fancy studio!

I like the salty/sweet thing, too. One of my fave finds was caramel Bugles. I don't know if they're still around, but if you happen across them, you might find them as addictive as I did.

Domestic Goddess said...

My personal fav is crispy M&Ms...mmmmm...

Ronnica said...

Haven't seen them, but will have to try them. I probably wouldn't prefer them to the other kinds of M&Ms, but they still sound pretty good.