header-photo

Thursday, October 02, 2008

I won!

I almost forgot! I won a contest. The Over-Thinker did a yarnification beauty pageant, and I totally entered it.


With this picture.

She did an awesome job yarnifying me. My hair never looked better! I actually voted for FriYet, because her hair looked so cabbage patch life like. It was amazing! For the contest post see here. For the results post see here. I think the most awesome part was the fact that I had no idea what in the heck it was that I won. A recipe deck for Tapas. What? Evidently my English is a little rusty. So The Over-Thinker was sweet to explain it to me in an email.

A recipe deck is basically a funky form of a cookbook. Instead of pages, there are cards. Tapas is the Spanish word for Hot or Cold Spanish appetizers. The deck is divided into different categories (seafood, tomatoes, etc.) and is easy to reference.

So yea me!

12 comments:

Lost In Splendor said...

Congratulations! That is awesome to hear. :)

Sra said...

I didn't know what it was either. In my part of the country we call them "recipe boxes".

Momo Fali said...

Congratulations...and YUM!!

Vodka Mom said...

congrats on the win!

Mamadallama said...

ohmigosh! I laughed so hard when I followed the links! You DEFINITELY deserved the win! I think the teeth put it over the top. And puppy is adorable, with or without the yarnifying. Tapas are all the rage over here. At least it is on the west coast of Florida. I haven't seen anything, now that I think of it, on the east coast (we just moved). Anyway, over on the west coast there were several restaurants that specialized in tapas. The idea is that a group of people orders several tapas and they share. In the restaurants, they are expensive, small appetizers. Usually highly spiced with garlic and herbs. I think you'll probably have fun with your recipe deck. Maybe you'll even do a taste post with pictures of your kids' reactions like you did before.

penny said...

Congrats! I've always wanted to go to a tapas restaurant (is it called a tapas bar?). I've never heard of a recipe deck either. I think I might like that better than a cookbook.

Brittany said...

Great picture:)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

In the yarnified picture it looks like your hair is mac and cheese made with curly noodles.

Natalie said...

sparkliesunshine - thanks! i loved your hair as well. the black tips just made the look!

sra - i know. i can't wait to see it and try them out!

momo fali - thanks!

vodka mom - thanks!

mamadallama - thanks! i know...those teeth were awesome! i seem to recall hearing someone say they went to a tapas bar and got very little food for quite a bit of money. i just didn't listen too hard to them since tapas bar was not in my vocabulary! i do need to do another taste test. i've given my kids enough time to get over the last few i think!

penny - i am looking forward to trying it out!

brittany - thanks!

citizen of the world - i know. yummy!

Neil said...

You look gorgeous with all that yarn.

Anonymous said...

i voted for myself [selfish, yes!] but i honestly thought that yours was the best... your baby dog is such a sweety, yarn or not....!

Natalie said...

neil - thanks! i'm sure it is easy to do as well!

friyet - the dog isn't mine. we were just playing with her. i did think she was adorable though. so cute!