header-photo

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paranoia - Feb 4

The reason my boss asked me if I was giving my two weeks' notice is because she's lost several long term employees to higher paying jobs lately. A very reliable morning opener who had been with the company for 5 years had recently gone on to a better job. She was already beginning to stress over losing some good people when a girl who had been with the company for 2 years gave her notice that morning so I think she was worrying a bit. When she heard me say I needed to talk to her about something her mind automatically went there. She really didn't think that I wanted to give notice, but I opened my big mouth and told her about my interview.

Since that day I have talked to her, and I think she's ok. She says that she doesn't think I've given notice and that as far as she's concerned I'm not going anywhere. That being said the girl who came in to interview for my position is currently being trained at another store. From what I understand she's just training for management not catering, but I'm not sure what I think about that. It did make me a little nervous.

And finally...I got a call from the school I interviewed with. They want me to come out and observe one day next week. I was somewhat surprised to tell you the truth. I knew my interview went well, but I just assumed there were better qualified applicants for the job. There may be. They may be observing one day as well. We'll see. I am reservedly excited if that makes any sense at all.

Edited to add...

This morning I ended up needing to stay home to take care of a sick kid. 103 temperature, throwing up with diarrhea kind of sick. I called my boss who was quite pleasant. Like she didn't care that I wasn't coming in. Totally not the reaction I would normally get. Either I am being overly paranoid or I desperately need a teaching job and fast!

No comments: